It is about three weeks to go before the first Knitting and Stitching show opens. The first one at Alexandra Palace is the big one since not only am I exhibiting as Embroiderers Guild Scholar but also I still have a stand shared and manned (womanned?) ably by Alison Hulme who again will be selling her beautiful pinnies. We are to be found at TGB 13. My exhibition is located at TGJ14.
I have been laying out my completed work but until I get there I am not sure how it is all going to hang together. To give myself some options I decided that I needed something else. So out came the pot and I spent yesterday with leaves and Khadi paper.
I am not sure how to proceed with these. Ideally I would like to stitch on them but time may prevent this.
I have been experimenting with my jar dyed fabrics. I wanted to do something loosely based on the flaky scots pine bark that I have been playing with from the Common.
These are a couple of samples. In the interests of testing whether the dyes are at all colourfast and to distress the pieces, i threw them in the washing machine. Apart from a slight colour shift the dyes held well including the elderberry.
I then went onto working on a much larger scale
I am not sure this will make it into the exhibition since it is radically different to all the other work I have completed
I have just completed one of my pieces for the Knitting and Stitching Shows. I am not entirely sure how I feel about it.
These are a few details of the piece which is on Eco printed paper. Dimensions of the whole thing are approximately 25cm by 150cm.
It’s just over a month to go and still an awful lot to do.