Having given up waiting for this seasons leaves to reappear, I have decided to work with what I have,namely these sweet chestnut leaves which are the only viable varieties now left on the common. I have now tried them every which way on different fabrics with different mordants on different poles. I think I have made a decision which may or may not be altered further along the line. The sample above was achieved with an iron mordant and is on khadi cotton ( hand woven, organic, fairly traded from India). I feel this will work well with the sepia photography I have been playing around with recently. The cloth itself is beautiful, with a lovely weight and drape and ideal for what I have in mind. More later, although the grand reveal will have to wait for the exhibition.