Back to Work

The 5 days at Alexandra Palace rushed past in a whirl and I did not get to see half of what I intended. However given that I am going to Dublin and Harrogate which will hopefully be less frenzied I shall hopefully be able to post more about what I see there. I am particularly looking forward to Dublin since I have never been before. However there is no rest for the wicked and I am back at work again. In the New Year I am joining the two halves of my Common Thread work and exhibiting it all together and since the Gallery in question likes to sell off the wall on the spot I am going to need backups. More details about this later when the publicity comes out.

I have taken the opportunity to do a bit of experimentation and also to revisit something that I singularly failed with at the beginning of the year which in the previous year was very successful. This time I was sucessfulIMG_0063
This piece (still wet) is composed of mulberry tissue. When I tried this at the beginning of the year it was a singular failure and I wasted a huge amount of paper. It also has a radically different look to the paper I did last year. I cannot put a finger on why this should be so, there are so many different factors at play. I guess one has to go with the moment
I also have been experiment with some Japanese Printing paper. Again a completely different look
IMG_0064
I like the precision this one gives me.
The last experiment is on very thick but very cheap lining paper. This has a lovely surface and gives extremely good results
IMG_0065

Advertisements

More Paper

I have been continuing to print on paper, this time using copper acetate. Effects are radically different from those done with iron. I now have a huge pile of these papers.Image

Some are destined to be stitched upon and maybe incorporated into work. Some will be used as a record for future reference

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


In Progress

IMG_0358

This is a somewhat imperfect picture of work in progress but I kind of like it so it is staying. Still wet leaf prints from the other day have now been stuck onto muslin. I am unsure whether I like how it has gone yet, I think I prefer the tissue. Depending on how it dries will determine what happens next


Rose Leaves and Petals on Khadi Paper

IMG_0808 I have not done a huge amount of experimenting with printing on paper. I was really just trying to fined a way of getting the last ounce of pleasure from the Easter roses. I was extremely pleased with the results.